Season Blahs

Well I have found out something amazing to me. I have been kind of lethargic over the winter and even though I am watching my food intake by eating healthier; I still am not losing much weight. I was a little disheartened until I  found out it is natural for most of us. It goes way back to olden times when our ancestors lay about the caves in an almost hibernation like state. Scientist have theorized that due to the shorter days and lower amounts of Vitamin D from exposure to sun during winter our body naturally slows metabolism to insure survival during this period of less food. The problem is that in modern times there is not generally food shortage. Now it is suggested that Vitamin D supplements may help keep our metabolism going. For me I think I am just gonna hibernate until spring.  How about you do you feel blah during winter and if so what do you do to fight the winter blahs??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is your favorite veggie??

Beverages- liquid fat

Journey Begins