Does being fat make you a bad person?

    I just recently had a very disturbing encounter with a person on Facebook. I was reaching out to a cousin that is about 20 years younger than I am. He is my youngest uncle's youngest son and is about the age of my son. I have been driving a truck for the past 18 years and it can be a lonely existence. I am now home doing local work so I have more time on the computer so am trying to reconnect.
    I make no secret that I am fat. I also make no secret that I am working on trying to lose it. I did not get fat from being lazy; as a truck driver 12 to 16 hour work days 6 to 7 days a week were common. I would be away from home for 5-8 weeks at a time then get 3-4 days off and have to go out and do it over and over again. I got fat from extremely bad eating habits and often eating to feel better. I ate probably 85% of my meals from fast food restaurants in the truck stops. I often would get up at 5 or 6 in morning grab a couple of breakfast sandwiches then drive  til noon. I would then stop and fuel my truck and either grab a fast food burger or some hot dogs from the truck stop deli. When I parked for the night at 8 to 10 o'clock at night I either grabbed fast food or the truck stop buffet. I also ate lots of ice cream when I was feeling sad or depressed due to missing my family. It seemed that the more weight I gained the faster I gained and the more depressed I felt.
    Well I am home working on eating healthier and decided to try to reach out and reconnect to people. I now realize that I had become a rolling hermit. I had very little human interaction besides phone calls to wife and a few truck driver friends. I do not feel like a bad person but this cousin without knowing me and just seeing my profile picture called me "A FAT BASTARD". It has deeply saddened me and angered me.
   I do not understand how being fat makes me a bad person. I am a person with problems but I do my best to be kind to others. I am not perfect but none of us are. If you hate fat people what have we done to you to cause it? Do you think it is okay to stereotype some one based on outside factors such as color, size, or age just to name a few. Does it make you feel better to make some one else feel bad?
    My final thought is a word of advise. If you bully others there is always gonna be a bigger meaner bully waiting around the corner for you. If you spread kindness and are friendly you will find that people around you seem to be friendlier and will be there to help you when you need it.
   PS: Santa Claus is a jolly fat man who spreads happiness. Ebenezer Scrooge was a skinny old miser who made all who knew him miserable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is your favorite veggie??

Beverages- liquid fat

Beginning Journey Photos November 2011