Beverages- liquid fat

I talked to my doctor a few weeks ago and surprise he recommends that I drink no sodas because they are loaded with sugars (empty calories) sodium, and have no nutritional value. I have started drinking water (doctor happy) herbal tea with no sugar and cutting out all sodas. I also drink a very limited amount of fruit juice and milk. I have been doing this for 10 days and I feel much better. The average can of soda ranges in calories from 100-175 per 12 oz can or the equivalent of 10 sugar cubes per can. It is estimated that the average American drinks at least 10 cans weekly or about 1500 calories. ONE POUND of fat is 3500 calories so you are drinking 1-2 pounds of fat from sugar calories in a month if you are the average American. Unfortunately I was not the average American and drank about 2 liters of soda a day; that is about 66 ounces of soda or 5 1/2 cans a day or about 750 calories daily. THAT IS A WHOPPING 22,000 calories a month or over 6 pounds of fat. I think that from now on I give someone a glass of water and a smile instead of soda.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is your favorite veggie??

Journey Begins