Move it to lose it

Once a person gets to be as obese as I am exercise gets to be not only hard, but can be dangerous as well. It only takes around 400 pounds to break bones in certain circumstances. At 540 pounds the impact when I walk is almost doubled to around 850 pounds of impact weight. It would  therefore be easy to break a bone if not careful. It is very important to get checked by your doctor before you start a exercise program. I had gotten to the point where walking just a short distance would have me out of breath. I have now worked myself up to being able to walk for 30 minutes without stopping to rest. The old saying of  "no pain no gain" is total baloney if you are obese. You must be careful , but that does not mean just sit on the couch. I find that the more I exercise the easier and "GASP" more enjoyable it is. I am walking and now am going to try various other exercises in addition. I am doing my "program" without joining a gym at the moment. I will explore the gym/no gym question in the future. For the moment I have started exercise and now know it is as important as diet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is your favorite veggie??

Beverages- liquid fat

Journey Begins